Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kilts

This blog originally posted Thursday, August 10, 2006

Current mood: silly Category: Fashion, Style, Shopping

You gotta wonder why kilts haven't caught on in America. They are comfortable, fashionable, cool, and yes, even sexy. Check out http://www.utilikilts.com/ and http://www.kiltstore.net/ and http://www.kiltmart.com/.

Back in the day, I first saw Axel Rose wearing one during the Use Your Illusion tour. Yes, I thought Guns 'n' Roses was cool. OK, I still do. You gotta give credit to Axel Rose, he made a lotta $$$ whining to music. That aside, He wore a kilt. I wanted a kilt. Then, years later, along came Rob Roy, So I Married and Axe Murderer, and Braveheart. Then I really wanted my own kilt.

I found instructions on the internet on how to make one and made my first one (a great kilt - Campbell tartan). I recently bought my second one at the Scottish festival (a regimental - Blackwatch tartan). The regimental is definitely much cooler to wear. The great kilt has too much cloth to wear in Phoenix except maybe in december. The regimental is nice and.....shall we say 'breezy'. Our new dress code at work says that no one is allowed to wear shorts anymore. It doesn't say anything about kilts! Hmmmm.

I've had a lot of people tell me that wearing a kilt is pretty cool and I've had a lot of people laugh, but without a doubt, it draws comment. Amazingly, when I have worn it to the Rennaissance festival and up a camp, all the ladies love it. Kind of dangerous. Wish I'd know the power of kilt back when I was single (just a bit of advice for you guys out there). If you've got a girlfriend or wife, she wishes you had a kilt. If you don't have a girlfriend or wife, get a kilt - then you'll have one. If you don't believe me, checkout the comments from girls on the utilikilt site. My wife REALLY likes my kilts.

Remember, there are two kinds of women in this world; those that wish their guy wore a kilt, and guys who don't wear kilts. PS - I'm completely German in descent. No Scottish in me whatsoever. But, for the record, there is no way that I am gonna wear Liederhosen. Now, if I could just pull of a cheesy Mike Meyers type Scottish accent. PSS - If you want to buy your own kilt, I suggest waiting for the Scottish Festival (February in Mesa, AZ). I got a great deal there and saw many others. Otherwise, a good kilt can cost anywhere from $150 - $300+, especially for one from Scottland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog