Thursday, May 28, 2009

Stupid Girls

This blog originally posted Friday, August 18, 2006

Current mood: annoyed

Can I ask a question? OK, I know that was a question, so can I ask a few more? Why are people so stupid? Now, I know that is a fairly broad topic to discuss, but I have something in mind. Specifically - Girls... Why is it that I see so many girls date jerks? Why do I know so many girls that have gotten pregnant by guys and then are frustrated by the fact that he isn't a very good boyfriend and doesn't want to be a father?

I want to scream out the question, "What were you doing having sex with someone that wasn't the kind of guy you wanted to raise children with?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

I mean really, why would you get that incredibly intimate with someone who doesn't really treat you well? Just because he is good looking doesn't mean you should date him and it definitely doesn't mean you should sleep with him! Isn't that obvious? I guess not. I have lost count of how many girls that I know have learned this the hard way.

So here goes: Life Education 101:

1. Sex causes pregnancy. I know, that is a new medical discovery.

2. If you have a baby with someone, you will spend the next 20 years dealing with them and your child will too.

3. If they aren't very nice to you know, they won't be when you're pregnant, when you have the kid, or even to the kid.

4. Having and raising children is stressful and difficult. To do it right takes teamwork, devotion, and commitment. Raising a child with an uncaring person, absent father, abusive boyfriend, etc just makes it more difficult and stressful.

The logical conclusion is this - Don't put yourself in this position. Don't have sex with someone you aren't married to (that shows commtiment, teamwork and devotion). Don't marry someone that you don't know VERY well in many situations. Don't marry someone who doesn't have the same values, belief system, and commitment that you do. Don't even date someone who is not nice to you or to other people. If he is cute, but he is a jerk; then he is NOT cute. If a guy pressures you to have sex to show love, get rid of him!!!

It is a simple equation: Sex DOES NOT EQUAL Love!!!

Now, this shouldn't be difficult and it seems pretty obvious to me, but yet I keep running into girls who don't understand it. Yes, I know that the guy has responsibility in this too, but the simple fact is that as a girl, you are the one 100 percent stuck with the consequences of an unplanned pregnancy, so you have to be the smart one. The worst part of all of this, is that although the girl may suffer through an unplanned pregnancy and have to raise a child by herself, because she had sex with a guy who couldn't or wouldn't be the father; the child suffers the most. The selfish act of those two people results in a lifetime of struggle and pain for a third party - the baby.

It isn't supposed to be that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog