Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fear

This blog originally posted Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Current mood: okay Category: Life

Tomorrow, my daughter goes into surgery. My precious little girl. How scary is that? I know that God is in control and that we aren't, but it is times like this that push it into your face. It is so easy to live every day ignoring the realities of sickness, pain, death, and such. But, every once in awhile something like this comes along and you just can't look away. You have to face your fears and recognize that it is all in God's hands. All I can do is pray for my daughter's safety, pray for her doctors, pray for the strength to see things through, pray for comfort for my wife, just pray. To be honest, I don't know how I would have handled this before I became a Christian. In my experience at my secular job, most of the non-believers that I know seem to have an urgent desperation and even terror that rears its head during these times. Please understand, I am not trying to pick on anyone or start anything, I am merely observing. It is still scary as a Christian, but at least there is some comfort. God, please protect my sweet Abby. Lord, give her doctors the skill they need to do well and let her heal quickly. Father, comfort us as her parents and let us be strong for her. You are all we have. Thank you Lord for giving us our little monkey and I pray that you would let us have her for a lifetime longer. El Señor, eres poderoso y eres mi rey. I want to serve you with my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog