Thursday, May 28, 2009

First Blog Ever Current mood:ennui Category: Blogging

This blog was originally posted Thursday, July 27, 2006

So it's my 34th birthday. Seems like a good day to start blogging. Never tried it before, but what the heck... I get to mouth off and it just doesn't matter whether anyone cares what I say or reads it or not.

Might as well start with the heavy stuff. Jump right into the deep end.

Why does it have to be so hard to do the right thing? Why do evil people seem to walk away with the riches and the easy life while the good people struggle. Siempre yo lucho y tengo sueño. I'm a youth minister and people expect me to have easy answers to this. Well I don't. I hate that every day I get to watch adults screw up their kids. Not for any grand scheme, but for their own selfishness. Just wander around myspace and you will see deep hurt and pain in kids or their weak attempts to cover the hurt with alcohol, drugs, and sex. Where does this all come from? Adults who are too childish to do their job.

I have answers for some of this, but few people care enough to do something about it. Just once in awhile, I'd like to see people start to do selfless things for others instead of just living for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog