Thursday, May 28, 2009

Was the Band Blog too Negative?

This blog originally posted Thursday, August 03, 2006

Current mood: quixotic Category: Religion and Philosophy

Discussed my previous blog and similar topics thereof last night with a friend. He thinks that I am too negative in thinking the world is getting worse and it is because I am living it that I suggest such a thing. Could be. I even noted that in my previous blog. He says he is tired of hearing nothing but negativity about Christianity and about America. That is, every time someone has something to say, it is only about the bad stuff without realizing that American Christians give more money than the rest of the world to make a difference worldwide. I would concur with that. Yet, I would also suggest that we give a smaller percentage of what we can afford and do much less than we are able. If I see a homeless family on the corner, and open up my wallet with $1000 dollars in and and give them a $1 bill; am I supposed to be proud of my generosity. I don't want to focus just on the negative side of things, but I would say that if I call myself a Christian, then I should be a blessing to everyone around me, not with a hidden agenda to convert them, but with an honest view that I have been blessed - therefore, I should bless others. I believe that if Christians lived this way, then there would be less grousing by athiests and non-believers out there. We only give them ammunition when we claim one thing and live another. Maybe it is just too much for me to hope for that people would start living what they believe. To me, a person who doesn't believe in God and lives a selfish life trying to get as much as they can while they are here is a more honest person than a person who does the same thing yet shows up to church every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog